more about the ETAF-amazon association and its benefits
The ETAF-Amazon Collection is the assembly of art-related works ETAF
recommends to its visitors and that are also available for purchase at
Amazon through the Association.
Benefits of the collection and how to get them
The benefits of the Collection accrue to you, the arts, and to ETAF.
...when you use the ETAF-Amazon Association to purchase
arts-related materials or other goods. You help yourself while you help the arts.
- Since prices for arts goods acquired this way are comparatively
low, you stretch your dollars.
- It can be easier to find and buy high quality materials at
- You receive convenient, rapid access to a huge inventory of fine
- Shopping on the Internet saves you valuable time and
- When you pay less to acquire items, your dollars buy more. Your
collection grows larger, faster.
- ETAF and Amazon each provide supplementary information about the
items in this program, including critical reviews and comments. You
can use this information to help you
decide on the right items for your specific wants, needs, and
pocketbook; you zero in quickly and efficiently on the right
arts-related products for you.
- You have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped advance the
arts (see below).
ETAF and the arts benefit...
...through this association ETAF helps art
enthusiasts, art lovers, and anyone interested in the arts:
- We feel that the Collection
helps promote the arts by improving and facilitating the arts
acquisition process and by helping ensure that nothing but the best
reaches the buying public.
- Not all the arts-related items you will find at Amazon are part
of the ETAF-Amazon Collection. To be selected for the collection by
ETAF, an item has to be superior in some way, better or more
appropriate than other
available options, at a cost commensurate with its value.
- A small part of every purchase you make is returned to ETAF at
no extra cost to you (see below), ETAF uses a significant portion of
this return to keep
this web site going. The number or amount of your purchases may be small, but
when enough people buy enough items, your repeat purchases and those from
other buyers add up. The total
amount returned to ETAF constitutes a significant portion of the revenues that keep
Electricka going. Since we do our best to promote the arts, anything that keeps
this web site going becomes an indirect contribution to the arts.
- Virtually every item Amazon offers for sale is
within the scope of this program. Your purchases don't have to be
arts-related to count toward helping ETAF help the arts.
about your donation to the arts
At no cost to you, this affiliation returns to ETAF a small
amount of the purchase price of every item you buy. We consider this
amount a donation to the arts because funds that help us help you help
others. (Sorry, since a portion of these funds go to DCI, ETAF's
parent company, which is a for-profit corporation, this kind of a donation is not tax-deductible).
what each party contributes
The ETAF-Amazon Association is a synergistic combination of ETAF's
strengths in the arts and Amazon's strengths as a supplier of arts-related
materials and other goods. Since each organization contributes its specific
strengths to the collaboration, the winners are Electricka's visitors and
ETAF is dedicated to the arts and to quality in the arts. It's primary
objective in participating in the Association is to
assist Electricka's visitors while advancing the arts.
- ETAF offers objective arts-related facts and honest opinions about the
best creative artists, titles, performances, and many other
aspects of the arts. Many of these can be acquired, for example
books or music CDs; many other items are not available because they are no
longer published or sold, or for many other reasons. You can easily
recognize this kind of evaluation because it's usually printed under the
title ETAF recommends.
- ETAF only recommends only what it believes to be arts items worthy of
acquisition without regard to where you may acquire them, and regardless of
whether you can acquire them through Amazon. Indeed, many of the items that
ETAF recommends are not sold by Amazon at all.
- ETAF recommends inexpensive versions of an item when they
are available and of high quality. For example, ETAF will
consistently recommend inexpensive editions of a
book that may be as good or better than their more expensive
- ETAF sometimes recommends what it
feels are the best alternative versions of an item, for example, the best
translations for a book, the best performances for a recording.
Amazon is a large, strong, independent, efficient, and service-oriented.
When you but from Amazon you receive the customary benefits that accrue from purchasing
arts-related or other non-arts-related goods through this
kind of retailer. In addition:
- Amazon offers its own reviews from suppliers and from Amazon visitors
that are independent of ETAF recommendations.
- Amazon provides information on items such as publication status, availability,
- Amazon provides an online vehicle for you to acquire items
easily and at comparatively low cost.
- Amazon takes care of all searching, sales processing, delivery,
merchandise return, and
follow-up after the sale.